TIP: Ten Ways to Improve Your Nature Photography
1. Get closer - whether by physically getting closer to your target, by the use of longer lenses, or both.
2. Use a tripod or a monopod.
3. Slowly release the shutter.
4. Learn about your subject so you can anticipate opportunities for the best shots.
5. Compose for the best image in your viewfinder.
6. Use the rule of thirds for composition.
7. Be aware of light and learn how to use it.
8. Understand how, when, and why to adjust your shutter speed, aperture, and ISO.
9. Get your camera off Automatic or Program.
10. Learn how to use your histogram.